Plate Material Evaluating Cell
This quite handy cell is developed in order to evaluate plate material such as metal, semi-conducting plate, etc. In evaluation, a sample plate is sandwiched between cell blocks.
- Applicable plate dimensions
- Set up
|011951||Plate Material Evaluating Cell||1|
|-||Teflon Cell [Body]||1|
|012864||Plate Material Evaluating Cell Base||1|
|-||Screw 20 mm||2|
|010537||Purge tube (ETFE) (1 m)||1|
|002222||Platinum counter electrode 5.7 cm||1|
∗ Additional o-ring:
012022 O-ring for Plate Material Evaluating Cell, 10 pcs, Viton
012023 O-ring for Plate Material Evaluating Cell, 10 pcs, silicone
[Optional Products] Reference Electrode
Users can select a reference electrode separately for this cell from :
- 012167 RE-1B Reference electrode (Ag/AgCl)
- 012171 RE-7 Non Aqueous reference electrode (Ag/Ag+)
- 013691 RE-1CP Reference electrode (Ag/AgCl/Saturated KCl)
- 013693 RE-2BP Calomel Reference electrode
- 013692 RE-2CP Reference electrode
- 013694 RE-61AP Reference electrode for alkaline solution
- Applicable plate dimensions:
width: from 10 to 23 mm
length: approximately 25 mm (depends of the connection way)
thickness: until 3 mm
- Liquid contact area:
approximately 7.8 mm
(It is the inner diameter of the O-ring (ID: 7.8 mm). Due to the deformation when squeezed between the blocks, the area will vary slightly.)
The assemble will be shown below, where each step will be explained with the photo switches.
- Prepare the required parts.
- Set the plate on the bottom Teflon block.
- Set the Teflon block which contains the o-ring over the plate, and tight the screw left/right uniformly (the surface of the plate in contact with the solution will depends of the inner diameter of the o-ring)
- Confirm whether the plate is fixed adequate, and fill with the electrolytic solution (approximately 1 mL).
- Set the counter electrode and a reference electrode on the battery cover, then fix it to the cell. The Pt counter electrode, from the kit is a little long, please wind before use.
- Do the connection using the alligator clip.