H2G1 - Portable Hydrogen Generator
This portable hydrogen generator, even without a potentiostat, makes easily to charge the hydrogen gas into the RHEK Reversible hydrogen electrode kit, and use it as a reversible hydrogen electrode (reference electrode) with good potential stability.
Fig. 1 H2G1 Portable Hydrogen Generator.
- Electrolysis mode
- Additional application
- Technical note
- Electrolysis and quickly potential measurement
- Filling time: about 4 min (for 1.2 mol HCl solution)
- Can be used with four AAA batteries (for about 30 times)
- Compact design (W80 x H35 x D140 mm) & Easy operation
|013699||H2G1 Portable Hydrogen Generator|
|H2G1 Portable Hydrogen Generator||1|
|Cable (red, white, black)||1(each)|
|Output current:||10 mA ± 30%|
|Output voltage:||28 V|
|Potential measurement range:||about 10 ∼ 999 mV|
|Operating temperature and humidity range:||10 ∼ 50℃, ≤ 80% RH|
|Power:||four AAA batteries|
|Size:||about 81 (W) x 32 (H) x 141 (D) mm|
|Weight:||about 270 g|
|Accessories:||Cable (red⋅black⋅white) 45 cm each|
Description of each part of the device
|Description of each part of the device|
|a||I/O switch: Power switch (I:ON, O:OFF)|
Mode switching, time setting, electrolysis start
|d||ELECTROLYSIS LED lamp:
Red light when in electrolysis mode
|e||RUN LED Lamp:
Blue lights during electrolysis
|f||POTENTIAL LED Lamp:
Yellow light when in the potential measurement mode
Connect the red and black cable jacks
Connect the black and white cable jacks
|Black||Reversible hydrogen electrode|
For the preparation of the reversible hydrogen electrode by electrolysis, fill the reversible hydrogen electrode with an acidic solution. The hydrogen electrode and counter electrode are immersed in the acid solution contained in the sample vial (or in the double junction chamber).
Electrolysis of the acid solution using H2G1 Portable hydrogen electrode is very simplified.
Following is a diagram of the equipment operation flow during electrolysis.
- Fill the reversible hydrogen electrode with an acid solution. The reversible hydrogen electrode and counter electrode are placed in a sample vial (or Double junction chamber) in an acid solution.
- Connect the black alligator clip to the reversible hydrogen electrode and the red alligator clip to the counter electrode.
- Turn on the I/O switch (a) of the device, after 5 seconds it will enter in the electrolysis mode.
- Press the FUNCTION button (b) to start electrolysis. *If you want to stop, turn off (a).
- When the electrolysis is completed, 「Complete」 is displayed and the buzzer sounds.
- Press (b) to stop the buzzer and 「Stand-by」will be displayed again.
Press (b) to repeat electrolysis. To exit, press (a) to OFF.
The H2G1portable hydrogen generator can be used for the potential measurement.
The potential measurement mode is an auxiliary function.
Fig. 3 H2G1 Portable Hydrogen Generator set up for potential measurement of 013613 RE-1BP Reference electrode (Ag/AgCl).
Fig. 4 H2G1 Portable Hydrogen Generator display sequence for the potential measurement mode.
※ The potential measurement mode is an auxiliary function, for an accurate electrode potential measurement, an appropriate device is recommended.
Also note that the use of a high resistance internal solution, such as saturated K2SO4 solution, may increase the deviation of the potential measurement.
|013597||RHEK Reversible hydrogen electrode kit|
|013375||Double junction chamber kit|
|012669||SVC-3 Voltammetry cell|
|001209||Cell holder for 20mL vial|
|013613||RE-1BP Reference electrode (Ag/AgCl)|