SVC-3C Oxygen-free Voltammetry cell - for application at low temperature
By using SVC-3C oxygen-free Voltametry cell, researchers can get rid of influence of oxygen in the cell by bubbling nitrogen gas, and also run the experiments at low temperatures.
For low temperature measurement, three special attention need:
1. Fluctuation of temperature-dependent reference electrode potential.
2. Increase of the solution resistance due to a decrease of supporting electrolyte salt solubility.
3. Incorporation of condensation of water vapor.
Using SVC-3C Voltammetry Cell:
1. Reference electrode is setting away, using sample holder.
2. Micro electrode is used to allow for a measurement in high resistivity solution.
3. This cell is closing.
|012013||SVC-3C Oxygen-free Voltammetry cell|
|Teflon cap for SVC-3C|
|O-ring for SVC-3C (1 pc)|
|Sample vial 24 ml (3 pcs)|
|002222||Platinum counter electrode 5.7 cm|
|012177||Sample holder dia 9 mm (2 pcs)|
|(010537)||Purge tube (ETFE) (50 cm) (2 pcs)|
Working electrode and reference electrode are sold separately.
Each component could be purchased separately.
012768 Sample vial 24 mL (10 pcs)
012573 O-ring for SVC-3C (10 pcs)
010537 Purge tube (ETFE) (1 m)
Example of the SVC-3C Voltammetry Cell application at low temperature
SVC-3C Oxygen-free Voltammetry Cell was tested at -40°C, by Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University.
- Schematic diagram of the experimental cooling process
- Schematic diagram of the Tetrathiafulvalene Oxi/Red reaction
- 0.1 M Tetrabutylammonium Perchlorate:
- 0.001 M Tetrabutylammonium Perchlorate:
1 mM Tetrathiafulvalene in CH3CN was used as an electrolyte solution.
0.1 M Tetrabutylammonium Perchlorate, using Glassy carbon electrode (OD: 6 mm, ID: 1 mm) and RE-7 Non Aqueous reference electrode, with a scan rate of 100 mV/s.
0.001 M Tetrabutylammonium Perchlorate, using MPTE Micro Platinum electrode (OD: 4 mm, ID: 10 µm) and RE-7 Non Aqueous reference electrode, with a scan rate of 50 mV/s.
Voltammetry cell - Line up
Cell Vial Line up
SVC-2 Voltammetry cell
SVC-3 Voltammetry cell
VC-4 Voltammetry cell
Large volume voltammetry cell