BAS Electrochemical Webinar 2022 Autumn
BAS will hold the thirteenth webinar, it will be the second lecture in the field of coordination chemistry and electrochemistry, introduced by Prof. Masa-aki Haga, from Chuo University.
Theme of the webinar
2. Cyclic Voltammetry (CV) and Reaction Mechanism at Electrode
– Join us on 5 October, 2022 (Wednesday), from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (GMT+9).
(The webinar will be conducted in English.)
Topic of the webinar
This is a second lecture of a series of lectures in the field of "Coordination Chemistry and Electrochemistry" introducing basic electrochemical methods and electrochemical applications, with a focus on organic complexes. This is a second lecture of a series of lectures in the field of "Coordination Chemistry and Electrochemistry" introducing basic electrochemical methods and electrochemical applications, with a focus on organic complexes.
In the first lecture, cyclic voltammetry (CV) was introduced, and in this lecture, it will be reviewed using three electrode cells.
In CV, potential is applied in the form of a triangular wave to the working electrode. The CV experiment records the current flowing through the working electrode as a function of the applied potential in the circuit. A plot of current vs. potential is constructed, which is called a cyclic voltammogram. The shape of the voltammogram provides insight into the electron transfer reaction mechanism occurring at the electrode surface.
It will introduce how to perform CV measurement and how to analyze and interpret CV data, for the understanding of the electrochemical reaction mechanism.
How to apply?
The webinar will be open.
The webinar URL will be sent in the webinar week.
For those who apply for registration, we will be sending the download direction for the webinar summary.
Period of application: from 1 September (Thursday)
to 30 September (Friday)
Watch below all previous webinars
- Twelfth webinar (August 3, 2022)
- Eleventh webinar (June 8, 2022)
- Tenth webinar (April 6, 2022)
- Ninth webinar (February 9, 2022)
- Eight webinar (December 8, 2021)
- Seventh webinar (October 6, 2021)
- Sixth webinar (August 25, 2021)
- Fifth webinar (July 21, 2021)
- Fourth webinar (June 9, 2021)
- Third webinar (April 21, 2021)
- Second webinar (January 20, 2021)
- First webinar (September 23, 2020)
You can watch more our technical movies and received the update information following the BAS Channel at: