2. Instrument setup
Inspection of shipment:
After unpacking the instrument carefully, we recommend to check the package contents and inspect for breakage. In the table lists the package contents of the RRDE-3A. This list is subject to change the parts. It is strongly recommended to refer to the packing slip with your instrument. Assemblies of these various parts will be outlined in the following chapters. The shipping box and packing materials retain until you have fully tested the unit to be certain that no damage was incurred during shipping. If a shortage exists, you should contact with local distributor or ALS Customer Service and describe the shortage. A replacement part will be sent immediately subject to stock availability.
|013725||RRDE-3A Rotating Ring Disk Electrode Apparatus Ver.3.0||1|
|012064||Spin coating adapter||1|
|012065||Male connector for gas purge (PP)||1|
|013392||Tygon tubing, OD1/4 x ID1/8||1|
|013271||RRDE-3A Teflon cap V.2||1|
|012642||RRDE-3A Silicon sheet 100x180mm||1|
|012975||O-ring for RRDE-3A Bearing assembly||3|
- Provide a surge-free power source. Other laboratory equipment such as ovens, vortex mixers, centrifuges, and large motors may cause spikes in the power supply.
- Make sure that all components of the system share the same ground circuit. It is the best way to accomplish by plugging all the components into a multi-outlet power strip. Plugging the components into independent
outlets can produce ground loops, which occur baseline noise.
- Select a room where temperature remains stable throughout the day. Avoid installing the RRDE-3A near window air ducts, ovens, and refrigerators. A water-jacketed cell may be required for very precise work.
- Place the RRDE-3A away from any busy and congested areas. Remote and isolated areas are the best for high-sensitivity work.
When RRDE-3A power is ON, do not touch motor shaft and stop it. RRDE-3A is stopped due to its safety. If it does not work, inside fuse in the circuit board is blown out.
The RRDE-3A can be used with a 12 V DC power supply.
Power cord connection:
Put the power cord into the port located in the back-panel (Fig. 2-1). Then, power switch ON (position I) or power switch OFF (position O).
Fig. 2-1 RRDE-3A Ver.3.0 power cord.
Back panel controls and connections :
Fig. 2-2 Back panel controls and connections.
1. Remote terminal
2. Power plug
3. Ground terminal
4. Gas inlet connector for cell purging
Attached to the tubes providing connection to external gas source
NOTE: 5 psi maximum.