RRDE-3A Rotating Ring Disk Electrode Apparatus Ver.2.0 (cat#013606)
RRDE-3A is a constant rotation system for use in hydrodynamic modulation rotating ring disk electrochemistry. A 7 mm diameter electrode with short stainless steel shaft provides for a miniature and concentric circle electrode system that is capable for highly accurate rotation and modulation even at radial modulation rates or wave forms.
RRDE-3A is precisely controlled by PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal. Electrodes are small and rapidly interchangeable. The unit also provides an adjustable valve system for inert gas purging inside the cell vial.
RRDE-3A is able to be operated as a stand-alone unit and directly controlled by CH Instrumetns, Inc., Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. electrochemical analyzers, model2325 or other instruments. When the analysis starts, a built-in gas control allows purging the sample.
Besides, the access to glass cell is easy for rinsing, cleaning, and replacing the electrodes. It is easy to remove and replace the cell vial.
- RRDE-3A content
- Working Electrode
- Compact design & easy operation
- Operable as RDE and RRDE
- Remote and manual controlled rotation and gas purge
- Allows remote control from the PC (rotational speed ON/OFF and gas purge ON/OFF)
- Rotational speed range 100~8,000 rpm (2000 to 3000 rpm or less is recommended when using DRE)
- Speed and purge time displayed by LCD display
- "Model name", "Enclosure version" and "Cumulative total rotation time of the motor" displayed by LCD display
- "Cleaning" and "Replacement" alert displayed by LCD display
- Gas line connector is available
- Purge valve timer control ON/OFF (can be set up to 9999 seconds)
- Cell lead connects to all potentiostats
- Open architecture for easy access to cell
- Shaft is completely insulated for the motor by coupling unit to reduce motor noise
- In the shaft assembly, the inner and outer tube is completely insulated by Teflon spacer to reduce noise
Improved point for Ver. 2.0
1. Model name", "Enclosure version" and "Cumulative total rotation time of the motor" displayed by LCD display
→ Initial display:
When the power is turned on, the model name and enclosure version and the cumulative total rotation time (Total) of the motor are displayed on the LCD display for 3 seconds.
2. Cleaning" and "Replacement" alert displayed by LCD display
→ Shaft assembly cleaning warning:
When the cumulative operating time of the motor exceeds 200 H, a warning message of cleaning the shaft is displayed at the initial display.
→Carbon brush replace warning:
When the cumulative operating time of the motor exceeds 1000 H, warning message of brush exchange is displayed at initial display.
3. Improvement of Bearing Assembly (from S/N: MB2XXX)
The bearing was renewed to a material with high corrosion resistance.
Renewed bearing assembly reduces the damage on the shaft assembly, and now you can use under a wide range of environments, such as fuel cell research.
The above bearing was specially removed, from the (Cat. No. 012625) RRDE-3A Bearing assembly and (Cat. No. 013607) RRDE-3A High corrosion resistant bearing assembly, for the comparison. Please note that it can not be removed in practice.
4. Improvement of Shaft Assembly (from S/N: MC2XXX)
The design and material of the shaft assembly was renewed!
The design of the previous shaft assembly uses a PEEK ring at the end of the screw (fixing ring), which limited the application field for your resistance to some chemical compounds.
Also the o-ring (black) had a short life time, when you use continuously without change, the deformation was clear, see the below comparative picture for the previous (left) and renewed (right) shaft assembly.
The updated (013643) RRDE-3A Shaft assembly Ver.2 (right) has an o-ring in Teflon material and almost the full shaft in stainless steel, including the fixing ring. And, the previous (012624) RRDE-3A Shaft assembly (left) had an o-ring in Viton and the PEEK fixing ring setting in the stainless steel shaft.
|Size||190 x (Base: 230, Body: 120) x 400 mm|
|Rotational range||100 to 8,000 rpm|
|Rotation stability||Error, < 1% at 100 to 1,000 rpm
< 0.5% at > 2,000 rpm
|Ring/Disk insulation resistance||> 10 M ohm|
|Electrode to lead pin contact resistance||5 ohm|
|Rotator shaft||Stainless steel|
|Motor||12 V, ironless core, low inertial DC servo|
|Power||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Operating temperature||10 to 50 deg C|
|Relative humidity||≤ 80%|
|Inlet gas pressure||5 psi (34 KPa) maximum|
|Remote control||One volt corresponds to 1,000 rpm
Motor ON/OFF TTL or relay input to back panel connection
Purge TTL or relay input to back panel connection
|013606||RRDE-3A Rotating Ring Disk Electrode Apparatus Ver.2.0|
|(013580)||Sample vial for alkaline solution (100 mL)|
|013271||RRDE-3A Teflon cap V.2|
|012064||Spin coating adaptor|
|012065||Male connector for gas purge (PP)|
|013392||TYGON tubing, OD1/4” x ID1/8”|
|012642||RRDE-3A Sillicon sheet 100x180 mm|
|012975||O-ring for RRDE-3A Bearing assembly, 3 pcs|
|Power supply cable|
|012167||RE-1B Reference electrode (Ag/AgCl)|
|012171||RE-7 Non Aqueous reference electrode (Ag/Ag+)|
|013373||RHEK Reversible hydrogen electrode kit|
|012961||Platinum counter electrode 23 cm|
|012962||Gold counter electrode 23 cm|
|012963||Nickel counter electrode 23 cm|
|012632||Sample vial (100 mL)|
|013580||Sample vial for alkaline solution (100 mL) (10 pcs)|
|013581||Sample vial for alkaline solution (200 mL) (8 pcs)|
|013582||RRDE-3A Teflon cap (for 200 mL)|
|013343||O-ring for RRDE-3A Teflon cap V.2|
|012641||O-ring for RRDE-3A Bearing assembly (10 pcs)|
|For RRDE electrode
Click here for detail
|Platinum ring disk working electrode|
|Platinum ring-glassy carbon disk working electrode|
|For RDE electrode
Click here for detail
|Glassy carbon disk electrode|
|Platinum working disk electrode|
|Gold working disk electrode|
|For DRE electrode
Click here for detail
|DRE-PGK Pt ring/GC disk replaceable electrode|
|DRE-GCK disk replaceable electrode|
|Electrodes of other materials and diameters will be fabricated on a custom basis.|
- RRDE-3A easy setup
- RRDE-3A disassembling/assembling for maintenance
- RRDE-3A motor rotation issue
- DRE electrode assembly methods Part1: Front Assembly
- DRE electrode assembly methods Part2: Rear Assembly